IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY APPLIED ARCANE-FIRE THEN DO NOT!!! MAJOR BUG AND WE ARE WORKING OUR BUTTS OFF TO MAKE A STABLE VERSION!!!
Here it is! The Reaper-X customized MaNGOS release UR1 "Arcane-Fire" is now available. UR1 is also a raw copy and if you look below you will find that we will be adding updates as we go! A changelog and what revs Arcane-Fire uses! Also note that Arcane-Fire no longer supports PSDB (sorry for anyone who uses it)!
- —MaNGOS Rev. 6382
- ———UDB Rev. 358
- -ScriptDev2 Rev. 512
- ——–ACID Rev. 18
UR1 DOESN’T HAVE MANY OF THE EXTRA FEATURES THAT WE SAID WE WOULD LIKE TO HAVE SO BELOW THIS WILL BE LINKS TO NEW FEATURES AND UPDATES THAT WE DIDN’T HAVE TIME TO ADD IN THE FULL RELEASE (WHEN DOWNLOADING THE UPDATES PLEASE READ THE DARN README FILES):
NOTE: You can get either MySQL 5.0 or 5.1 (It does NOT matter).
Step 2: Download Reaper-X UR1 "Arcane-Fire" (below are list of mirror to file). File have been compressed! These have been updated with UDB Fix 1!
1. No Download
2. No Download
3. No Download
GM COMMAND LIST:
Updated GM Command List for this version
Important Note : Fresh installation will overwrite your database!!!
Pictures in this guide have NOT been updated (sorry again)!!!
1. Make sure you have MySQL (5.0 or 5.1) installed and configured correctly on your computer.
YOU NEED TO EXTRACT FOR 2.4.3!!!
3. Run the Arcane-Fire.bat inside the Fresh Install folder, and you’ll see something like below image for an example, and then you just need to write the full path to your mysql installation directory (where mysql.exe and mysqldump.exe can be found)
4. Selection Option 1 by pressing “1&Prime on the keyboard and pressing enter.
Note: This will wipe out any previous versions of WoW you have in your database.
- 6. After finished with all of the above process, all you have to do now is just open the realmlist.wtf file in your World of Warcraft installation directory (the default location can be found at C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft) using Notepad, Wordpad, or your favorite text editor and then …
set realmlist us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com
set patchlist us.version.worldofwarcraft.com
set realmlist 127.0.0.1
and then save it and close realmlist.wtf File.
7. Now you just need to run mangosd.exe and realmd.exe from your mangos directory and then the next step would be creating your own username with your desired password for your own WoW server account as shown on below image followed by typing setgm to give yourself a GM level account
By the way, if you can’t see what you should type inside the mangosd window from the above image, actually you just need to type :
create username password
to create the account
setgm username 1-3
to give yourself GM Access at certain level (3 is the highest level and should only be used on your account while normal player is 0)
8. Finally if you have Burning Crusade client installed and want to be able to create Burning Crusade specific character, all you have to do is just type:
setbc username 1
to enable burning crusade expansion for your account !
Upgrading from 6245 Release:
1. Make sure to RE-EXTRACT your DBC’s, Maps, and VMaps, because this release now supports 2.4.3!
2. Go into your WoW Reaper Server Directory, and open Reaper-X-MaNGOS.
3. Open the Folder called “Upgrade” and run Upgrade-2-UR1.bat.
4. Next type in the directory to the Bin Folder where your mysql.exe and mysqldump.exe files are located. (Default is C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\bin)
Guide on how to Edit Mangos.Conf
Thanks for the Mangosd.conf edit guide Jeremy!
First off make sure that you have your MySQL running before doing anything.
You need to go back into the reaper folder and run the batch file called Arcane-Fire.bat, there is an option there to setup your LAN or IP for use, This new batch file does correctly setup your DB to the IP you enter in this batch file. Once you’ve done that, if you haven’t gone back in to edit the config files in your reaper folder mentioned above, you need to do that, there is a section in there with this.
# Data directory setting.
# Important: DataDir needs to be quoted, as it is a string which may
# contain space characters.
DataDir = “C:\Reaper-X\data”
This is an example of what it may look like. You need to change this to the path where you put your data folder with the maps, vmaps, and dbc’s.
# Database connection settings for the world server.
# Default: hostname;port;username;password;database
# .;somenumber;username;password;database – use named pipes at Windows
# Named pipes: mySQL required adding “enable-named-pipe” to [mysqld] section my.ini
# .;/path/to/unix_socket;username;password;database – use Unix sockets at Unix/Linux
# Unix sockets: experimental, not tested
LoginDatabaseInfo = “127.0.0.1;3306;root;PASSWORD;realmd”
WorldDatabaseInfo = “127.0.0.1;3306;root;PASSWORD;mangos”
CharacterDatabaseInfo = “127.0.0.1;3306;root;PASSWORD;characters”
Above, you need to change the ROOT;PASSWORD to your root DB name, likey it’s just root, and YOUR database (DB) password (you should know this)
YOU DO NOT CHANGE THE IP’S!!! Here is a guide to make your server public! Public Setup Guide!
Next open scriptdev2.conf and realmd.conf and edit the info for them to connect to your database as well.