Hello Everyone! Here is another one of my releases for the Reaper-X-MaNGOS-WoW Developement Project. In this release I have looked through my previous bugs/errors and have cleaned them out and I am almost positive that they all have been resolved. So if you have any questions comments or concerns please leave us a comment, when you do myself and the community will be glad to assist you!
Updated in this Revision:
- Completely re-done fishing loot template.
- Fishing base skill level table added
- Lots of Black Temple updates
- Loot added for creatures that are mineable and gatherable
- Rewards added for quests with quest flags|512 (Quests like Teron Gorefiend I am!)
- Many quest fixes in general
- 175 fishing holes added (like school of fish) with loot
- Instance loot tables updated:
- Sunken Temple
- Black Rock Depths
- Dire Maul
- Black Rock Spire
- World drop loot tables for levels 1-34 created (SIGNIFICANT decrease in creature_loot_template size again. All world drop tables are now created. Loot table size before world tables ~950000 rows — after 284594 rows. ~7mB instead of ~22mB)
- Some 2.4.2 related item changes
- L70ETC spawns / event included in the DB (still need the ACID script from the ACID team)
- Fresh Installer Fixed!
- Map/DBC Extractors Fixed!
- ACID Included (Means Extra NPC’s and Such Have Been Scripted)
- MaNGOSD.exe Errors Should Be Fixed!
- Authentication Bug Should Be Fixed!
- Vendors/GM Island Vendors Should Work Again if you Enable them by Going Into the Reaper-X-Mangos.bat File.
- NO MORE EXE’s! I have decided to keep them in Batch format due to complaints about Errors/Trojans.
1. MySQL Database and the Guide on how to Install MySQL
2. World of Warcraft Client version 2.4.2
3. Updated DBC’s, VMAP’s, and MAPS Updated for 2.4.2!
DBC’s are already included as part of this release! Also if you already have the 2.4.2 DBC’s, Maps, and VMaps then there is no reason to extract them again.
4. Reaper-Mangos Server :
Reaper Mangos 5953 SD2 414 (UDB ONLY) FULL | 16.6 MB | File Beam
Reaper Mangos 5953 SD2 414 (UDB ONLY) FULL | 16.6 MB | Rapidshare
Reaper Mangos 5953 SD2 414 (UDB ONLY) FULL | 16.6 MB | Mega Upload
Reaper Mangos 5953 SD2 414 (UDB ONLY) FULL | 16.6 MB | Media Fire
Davtex from www.blitz.sk have uploaded vmaps and maps extracted from WoW 2.4.2 so to those who have problem perhaps can try downloading the extracted maps and vmaps files by Davtex ;)
Vmaps from WoW 2.4.2:
Thanks to Davtex for uploading the maps and vmaps files
Custom Vendors Pack
Credits to Firane for creating the Custom Vendors Pack
DBC and Maps Extractor:
Just in case the included ad.exe (map extractor) and dbc extractor isn’t working for you (like you keep getting message about maps or dbc file is not compatible), you can try using this one:
DBC and Map Extractor (131KB)
That archive just contain only one file (ad.exe) … and all you have to do is just put it into your WoW installation directory (where wow.exe and launcher.exe can be found) … and delete maps and dbc folder there if exist and then run the new ad.exe … and it’ll extract the maps and dbc files automatically (the output will be in maps and dbc directory)
Important Note : Fresh installation will overwrite your database
2. Extracting Maps, DBC and VMaps from your World of Warcraft installation
(You can safely ignore the Patch-2, or any not found xxx-2 message)–This only happens if your extracting from patch 2.4.0
3. Run the reaper-x-mangos.bat inside the reaper-x-mangos folder, and you’ll see something like below image for an example, and then you just need to write the full path to your mysql installation directory (where mysql.exe and mysqldump.exe can be found) ;)
4. Selection Option 1 by pressing “1&Prime on the keyboard and pressing enter.
Note: This will wipe out any previous versions of WoW you have in your database.
6. After finished with all of the above process, all you have to do now is just open the realmlist.wtf file in your World of Warcraft installation directory (the default location can be found at C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft) using Notepad, Wordpad, or your favorite text editor and then …
set realmlist us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com
set patchlist us.version.worldofwarcraft.com
set realmlist 127.0.0.1
and then save it and close realmlist.wtf File.
7. Now you just need to run mangosd.exe and realmd.exe from your mangos directory and then the next step would be creating your own username with your desired password for your own WoW server account as shown on below image followed by typing setgm to give yourself a GM level account
By the way, if you can’t see what you should type inside the mangosd window from the above image, actually you just need to type :
create username password
to create the account
setgm username 1-3
to give yourself GM Access at certain level (3 is the highest level and should only be used on your account while normal player is 0)
8. Finally if you have Burning Crusade client installed and want to be able to create Burning Crusade specific character, all you have to do is just type :
setbc username 1
to enable burning crusade expansion for your account :)
If you want to change the server name into something else, you can use the reaper-x-mangos.bat to adjust it :)
Upgrading from 5953 Release:
1. Re-extract vmaps, maps and dbc because this version no longer supports the old World of Warcraft 2.3.3 installation and only supports the new 2.4.2 (YOU MAY SKIP RE-EXTRACTING IF YOUR DBC’S, MAPS, AND VMAPS ARE ALREADY FROM A 2.4.2 CLIENT!)
2. Go into your WoW Reaper Server Directory, and open reaper-eazy-mangos. Next I recommend opening the batch file and backing up your character data. This is optional though.
3. Open the Folder called “Upgrade” and run reaper-x-upgrade.bat.
4. Next type in the directory to the Bin Folder where your mysql.exe and mysqldump.exe files are located.
5. Then make sure that you are upgrading from the latest previous version or else you WILL corrupt your database and possibly lose your character data.
Guide on how to Edit Mangos.Conf
Thanks for the Mangosd.conf edit guide Jeremy!
First off make sure that you have your MySQL running before doing anything.
You need to go back into the reaper folder (C:\Reaper-X-Easy-MaNGOS\reaper-eazy-mangos)
And run the batch file called reaper-x-mangos, there is an option there to setup your LAN or IP for use, This new batch file does correctly setup your DB to the IP you enter in this batch file. Once you’ve done that, if you haven’t gone back in to edit the config files in your reaper folder mentioned above, you need to do that, there is a section in there with this.
# Data directory setting.
# Important: DataDir needs to be quoted, as it is a string which may
# contain space characters.
DataDir = “C:\Reaper-X\data”
This is an example of waht it may look like. You need to change this to the path where you put your data folder with the maps, vmaps, and dbc’s.
# Database connection settings for the world server.
# Default: hostname;port;username;password;database
# .;somenumber;username;password;database – use named pipes at Windows
# Named pipes: mySQL required adding “enable-named-pipe” to [mysqld] section my.ini
# .;/path/to/unix_socket;username;password;database – use Unix sockets at Unix/Linux
# Unix sockets: experimental, not tested
LoginDatabaseInfo = “127.0.0.1;3306;ROOT;PASSWORD;realmd”
WorldDatabaseInfo = “127.0.0.1;3306;ROOT;PASSWORD;mangos”
CharacterDatabaseInfo = “127.0.0.1;3306;ROOT;PASSWORD;characters”
Above, you need to change the MANGO;MANGOS to your root DB name, likey it’s just root, and YOUR batabase (DB) password (you should know this)
YOU DO NOT CHANGE THE IP’S here or in the realmd file, ONLY THROUGH THAT BATCH FILE, i mentioned above. (that file does it for you)
Next open scriptdev2.conf and realmd.conf and edit the info for them to connect to your database as well.
Hope you enjoy this release if you have any questions feel free to post them as a comment below!