PLEASE DO NOT USE THE FRESH INSTALL TOOL IT IS BROKEN IN THIS RELEASE. IF YOU WANT TO BE ABLE TO USE THIS RELEASE DOWNLOAD THE 5472 RELEASE AND THEN USE THE UPGRADE TOOL IN THIS RELEASE. THE PROBLEM IS I FORGOT TO INCLUDE SOME SQL AND PEOPLE ARE GETTING CREATURE.ADDON ERRORS AND ALOT OF VARIOUS SQL ERRORS. I APPOLOGIZE SINCERELY.
NOTE: THIS IS SAFE HOWEVER IF YOU ARE USING THE UPGRADE TOOL! SO IF YOUR UPGRADING FROM THE PREVIOUS RELEASE IT WILL WORK ITS JUST THE FRESH INSTALL THAT IS BUGGED UP!
Sorry Included an Old Map Extractor Heres the Updated Link!
Well looks like its FINALLY TIME for another Reaper MaNGOS Release so that you all can get your servers updated with the latest features and to use the new 2.4.2 client. I spent a couple of hours getting this release ready and I think I finally have gotten it right.
Also as a Side-Note PSDB is NOT included in this release due to the fact that their organization at their site is horrible and they are unclear on how to upgrade from an older database. So you guys will have to get Reaper to tell me or a PSDB Dev to instruct me on how to upgrade or else you guys will not have a PSDB Database.
- Don’t even ask! There is so many bug fixes/new features its not even funny. It would take me hours to type it all up because of how much has been added since the last release!
Btw just to let you all know my name is Jared (Oatman) and I am good partners with Reaper and I help him release some of the WoW Releases! For all of you that have been wondering Reaper has just made a move from his previous city and sometime during that move he visited a doctor and he has a medical condition referred to as Vertigo. Some of you may be aware of this while others are not. Feel free to search Google for what it is. I would like to advise you that he is ok but his doctor told him to stay away from the computer for the time being.
1. MySQL Database and the Guide on how to Install MySQL
2. World of Warcraft Client version 2.4.2
3. Updated DBC’s, VMAP’s, and MAPS Updated for 2.4.2!
DBC’s are already included as part of this release!
4. Reaper-Mangos Server :
Reaper Mangos 5931 SD2 412 (UDB ONLY) FULL | 18.29 MB | File Beam Reaper Mangos 5931 SD2 412 (UDB ONLY) FULL | 18.29 MB | Rapidshare Reaper Mangos 5931 SD2 412 (UDB ONLY) FULL | 18.29 MB | Mega Upload Reaper Mangos 5931 SD2 412 (UDB ONLY) FULL | 18.29 MB | Media Fire
Important Note : Fresh installation will overwrite your database
2. Extracting Maps, DBC and VMaps from your World of Warcraft installation
(You can safely ignore the Patch-2, or any not found xxx-2 message)–This only happens if your extracting from patch 2.4.0
3. Run the reaper-x-mangos.bat inside the reaper-x-mangos folder, and you’ll see something like below image for an example, and then you just need to write the full path to your mysql installation directory (where mysql.exe and mysqldump.exe can be found) ;)
4. Selection Option 1 by pressing “1&Prime on the keyboard and pressing enter.
Note: This will wipe out any previous versions of WoW you have in your database.
6. After finished with all of the above process, all you have to do now is just open the realmlist.wtf file in your World of Warcraft installation directory (the default location can be found at C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft) using Notepad, Wordpad, or your favorite text editor and then …
set realmlist us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com
set patchlist us.version.worldofwarcraft.com
set realmlist 127.0.0.1
and then save it and close realmlist.wtf File.
7. Now you just need to run mangosd.exe and realmd.exe from your mangos directory and then the next step would be creating your own username with your desired password for your own WoW server account as shown on below image followed by typing setgm to give yourself a GM level account
By the way, if you can’t see what you should type inside the mangosd window from the above image, actually you just need to type :
create username password
to create the account
setgm username 1-3
to give yourself GM Access at certain level (3 is the highest level and should only be used on your account while normal player is 0)
8. Finally if you have Burning Crusade client installed and want to be able to create Burning Crusade specific character, all you have to do is just type :
setbc username 1
to enable burning crusade expansion for your account :)
If you want to change the server name into something else, you can use the reaper-x-mangos.bat to adjust it :)
Upgrading from 5472 Release:
1. Re-extract vmaps, maps and dbc because this version no longer supports the old World of Warcraft 2.3.3 installation and only supports the new 2.4.2
2. Go into your WoW Reaper Server Directory, and open reaper-eazy-mangos. Next I recommend opening the batch file and backing up your character data. This is optional though.
3. Open the Folder called “Upgrade” and run reaper-x-upgrade.bat.
4. Next type in the directory to the Bin Folder where your mysql.exe and mysqldump.exe files are located.
5. Then make sure that you are upgrading from the latest previous version or else you WILL corrupt your database and possibly lose your character data.
Guide on how to Edit Mangos.Conf
Thanks for the Mangosd.conf edit guide Jeremy!
First off make sure that you have your MySQL running before doing anything.
You need to go back into the reaper folder (C:\Reaper-X-Easy-MaNGOS\reaper-eazy-mangos)
And run the batch file called reaper-x-mangos, there is an option there to setup your LAN or IP for use, This new batch file does correctly setup your DB to the IP you enter in this batch file. Once you’ve done that, if you haven’t gone back in to edit the config files in your reaper folder mentioned above, you need to do that, there is a section in there with this.
# Data directory setting.
# Important: DataDir needs to be quoted, as it is a string which may
# contain space characters.
DataDir = “C:\Reaper-X\data”
This is an example of waht it may look like. You need to change this to the path where you put your data folder with the maps, vmaps, and dbc’s.
# Database connection settings for the world server.
# Default: hostname;port;username;password;database
# .;somenumber;username;password;database – use named pipes at Windows
# Named pipes: mySQL required adding “enable-named-pipe” to [mysqld] section my.ini
# .;/path/to/unix_socket;username;password;database – use Unix sockets at Unix/Linux
# Unix sockets: experimental, not tested
LoginDatabaseInfo = “127.0.0.1;3306;ROOT;PASSWORD;realmd”
WorldDatabaseInfo = “127.0.0.1;3306;ROOT;PASSWORD;mangos”
CharacterDatabaseInfo = “127.0.0.1;3306;ROOT;PASSWORD;characters”
Above, you need to change the MANGO;MANGOS to your root DB name, likey it’s just root, and YOUR batabase (DB) password (you should know this)
YOU DO NOT CHANGE THE IP’S here or in the realmd file, ONLY THROUGH THAT BATCH FILE, i mentioned above. (that file does it for you)
Next open scriptdev2.conf and realmd.conf and edit the info for them to connect to your database as well.
Hope you enjoy this release if you have any questions feel free to post them as a comment below!