Reaper Mangos 5472 – Easy WoW Private Server for World of Warcraft 2.3.3

I think the previous release of Reaper Mangos that is released 1 month ago can be considered as outdate, and … so i decided that perhaps a new Reaper Mangos release for WoW 2.3.3 version probably will be better although there’ll be new patch coming up from Blizzard (based from the Blizzard announcement displayed on WoW Launcher) … but well … even if there’s new patch you can always revert back to 2.3.3 or create two world of warcraft directory just in case you also play on official server ;)

Noggenfogger Elixir

Like the previous release this new Reaper Mangos 5472 include auction house bot to automatically populate your Auction House with random items, and also multithreading maps that probably useful especially to those who are using dual core processor, and of course also contains the latest available Scriptdev (297), and World Database from UDB and PSDB (UDB 343 and PSDB X9) or in other words dual database and finally i also include the previous Custom Vendors just in case someone use it :)

But since there are too many changes too be listed from the last release, i’d suggest you to backup your character data first before running the upgrade process (to those who are upgrading their installation but if you’re installing for the first time, you can just ignore this), just in case something goes wrong :)

Download:

Optional Download:

Fresh Installation Instruction:

1. Make sure your processor support SSE Instruction, if you don’t know what is SSE all about, you just need to know what processor you’re using (Open System Properties via Control Panel, or press Windows Key + Pause/Break) and basically if you’re …

• running at least Pentium 3 (Intel Processor)
  • or running at least Athlon XP (AMD Processor) or newer AMD Duron series but not AMD Thunderbird

You don’t need to worry about it :)

2. Make sure you have .NET Framework Installed (grab it from Microsoft website) or you’ll get error message saying The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135) when you run it

Note: if you have fast connection speed you can choose to download the .NET Framework 3.5 (197 MB) instead of .NET 2.0 (22.4 MB)

3. When you have .NET Framework installed, all you have to do is just read my previous post about Reaper Mangos Installation Instruction (i’m really sorry i haven’t updated it yet to reflect the changes made since Reaper Mangos 5225)

But basically all you have to do to install it is just run reaper-x-mangos inside reaper-eazy-mangos directory, and then choose option 1 to install it, and then continue with option 4 to configure the data directory and you’re done :)

Upgrading Instruction:

1. Choose to upgrade from reaper-x-mangos menu

2. and then don’t forget to choose the current database you’re using in order to upgrade it

Important Note to those who are upgrading:

If you have made custom items, tele, etc. AND using PSDB as your database make sure that you backup the custom items, etc. first because it’ll overwrite your world database but if you’re using UDB as your database, then it’ll automatically gets upgraded (but to be safe, backup your custom items first)

Switching Database:

All you have to do is just choose option 7 on reaper-x-mangos and done :P … but please note, switching database will overwrite any custom items you’ve made

Misc. Section:

Set up Mangos as Windows Service:

In order to set up mangos to run as service (windows), all you have to do is just :

1. Open Command Prompt

2. Change directory to where mangosd.exe and realmd.exe can be found (for example C:\ReaperMangos5472) by typing :

cd C:\ReaperMangos5472

or

cd /d C:\ReaperMangos5472

3. and then to install the realmd.exe and mangosd.exe as service, you need to type these:

mangosd.exe -s install
realmd.exe -s install

to install it as windows service … or type …

mangosd.exe -s uninstall
realmd.exe -s uninstall

to uninstall / remove it from windows service

OR if you prefer a more direct way of doing it … you can type:

C:\ReaperMangos5472\mangosd.exe -s install / -s uninstall

directly without changing directory first

Well i hope i’ve covered it all and didn’t miss anything … but if you still have any question feel free to post your question below or at the forum :)

as a side note, the GM Commands page has been updated too, so don’t forget to check it out if you’re looking for the easiest way to lookup GM Commands in Mangos ;)

As a last note, if you get a virus alert from your Antivirus saying that reaper-x-mangos.exe is a Trojan, Suspicious File, Malicious File, etc. You can ignore that message, i guarantee that file is clean and that is a false alert / alarm generated by your antivirus software. And you can always send that file to your antivirus vendor so they can inspect that file directly

Comments

1. eric Dec 13, 2012 at 9:33 AM

2. Wombat Jan 9, 2012 at 5:09 AM

After setting this up, almost everything is running beautiful. I have found why many of the skills are not active, but still do not know how to fix it. The proficiencies are applying, but not showing up in the levels area. Because of this, even with a newly learned skill, the items are not equipable. Does anyone know what I might have done wrong in setting this up?

• Wombat73 Jan 14, 2012 at 1:17 PM

I believe I have narrowed this down to 3296_Spell_Learn_Skill.sql.
      2012-01-13 20:23:09 Loading Spell Learn Skills…
      2012-01-13 20:23:09 ERROR:SQL: SELECT entry, SkillID, Value, MaxValue FROM spell_learn_skill
      2012-01-13 20:23:09 ERROR:query ERROR: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘MaxValue FROM spell_learn_skill’ at line 1

I hope I do not have to disect the whole thing to get this working. Thanks for any help.

• Wombat73 Jan 15, 2012 at 1:04 AM

I checked in MySQL, and the DB for the spell_make_skill looks good and properly populated. At this point, I am at a loss. It must be IN mangos where it draws the information from this DB, but I have NO IDEA where that is or what I would need to do from here. Any help wouldbe greatly appreciated. It might be that the DB is set up different from the manner it is read, but I can’t even begin to try to figure this one out. Removing the requirements for speach and for equipping items could do the trick, but I also have no idea how to do that, either. I suppose I should keep fiddling with it until I get some input. I have no idea what could be wrong, I am going directly from the repack with all defaults chosen.

• Wombat73 Jan 15, 2012 at 2:33 AM

The problem seems to be connected with the specific wording ofMaxValue. Perhaps thisis an internal commandforthe version I have. I will see if I can run on a different platform.
      SELECT entry, SkillID, Value, MaxValue
      FROM `mangos`.`spell_learn_skill`
      Everything EXCEPT MaxValue populates. The table, itself, populates, but the subquerries can not process the MaxValue. I will look into this further.

• Wombat73 Jan 15, 2012 at 5:06 AM

Yay!!! I got it. It works now.

3. hosein Jun 22, 2011 at 10:00 PM

• Wombat Jan 8, 2012 at 1:10 PM

When I set this up, it does not seem to give me the basic weapon, armor, and language skills. I am not sure what else it might be missing, but this is making it tough enough, and I have no idea how to fix or modify it.

4. callum Dec 2, 2010 at 1:13 PM

and how do i create an account

5. callum Dec 2, 2010 at 1:12 PM

do u need to acutallu have world of warcraft installed to do this cause mine is not working

6. nedim berisha Apr 13, 2010 at 3:31 PM

cod Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness

7. Steve Nov 3, 2009 at 4:54 PM

Ok heres a tip if you get the issue cannot connect from ‘hostname’
    go to CMD type in
    mysql -u root -p
    password.

then

GRANT ALL ON database.* TO ‘root’@’hostname’ IDENTIFIED BY ‘yourPassword';

Where ‘hostname’ is the host / IP address where you’re connecting from.

8. The Kross Aug 6, 2009 at 10:46 PM

Okay, when I go to run the Reaper-x mangos bat… It says I either specified the wrong path, or do not have permission? I am running Windows Vista, any advice for what to do here?

9. silver cufflinks Jul 3, 2009 at 10:36 AM

Many people say cuff links are in the past, but from experience, they are wrong. Cufflinks are here to stay, maybe to dress up at weddings, special events or for a simple good time. Cufflinks really do give a formal egde and everytime I gift a pair to someone, they think it’s the best thing to happen to them since Michael Jackson did the moonwalk.

Comments Navigation 1161718

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Goodbye Repacks … » Reaper-X .:[ ID ]:.
  2. World of Warcraft Private Servers (WoWps) » Archive » Comment on Reaper Mangos 5472 – Easy WoW Private Server for World …
  3. Reaper Mangos 5225 - Easy WoW 2.3.3 Private Server » Reaper-X .:[ ID ]:.
  4. WoW Mangos GM (Game Master) Commands » Reaper-X .:[ ID ]:.

To reduce spam, if you're posting comment for the first time, it'll be moderated first. And if they aren't spam, subsequent comments will appear automatically. Also you may use these HTML tags and attributes: