Connecting PS2 to PC using TV Tuner

I’m back again after taking a break for about a week or so if i recall correctly :) .. and this time im going to post about connecting ps2 console to monitor using TV Card / TV Tuner Cards. And if you ask me, why i did not use other method to connect my ps2 console to my monitor using other peripheral such as VGA BOX or something like that ? .. the answer is simple, because the only thing i have is just a low quality tv tuner from PixelView (Prolink) named Prolink PlayTV HD (it is an old tv cards and not many PVR program are support this tv tuner so if you decided to buy it, you might reconsider on choosing other card) but i also use my video card vivo capability

As a side note, i decided to connect my ps2 console into my pc monitor because my pc monitor is larger than my tv size :( .. other than that, my old tv can only support Mono Audio not stereo audio which is a big disadvantage for all music games such as Guitar Hero, Drum Mania, Guitar Freaks, etc. But the downside of this method is, you’ll need to turn on your computer whenever you want to play your ps2 (but it can be easily switched just in case you do not feel like turning on your computer)

Okay .. that’s all for the introduction, and now here’s what you’ll need in order to connect your ps2 output to your monitor :

Hardware :

1. TV Tuner with Composite Video In which is the most important peripheral before anything else or Video Card / VGA Card with ViVO capability

2. Soundcard … <= to record audio of course but im 100% sure your computer already has a soundcard even if it’s an onboard soundcard

3. RCA Y-Connector or Y Adapter to connect your ps2 audio output to your soundcard (recommended) or tv card

Software :

1. Im using DScaler 4 and you can get it from here (Open Source / Freeware) .. <= small file size, and recommended or you can also use other software such as Media Portal (Open Source / Freeware) if your card supported or even you can use the bundled software from your TV Tuner card should you prefer
  2. Optional : Divx 6.1 ++ (i’m using Divx 6.4 Codec) that has High Speed Recording mode so you can record your ps2 into a video file

And here’s the step :

1. Connect your ps2 video output cable (in this example it is using the composite output) or you can also say the Yellow Cable to the Video input of your tv card or your VGA Card
  2. Connect your ps2 audio output cable to Y-Connector and connect the Y-Connector into the Line-in of your soundcard
  3. Run DScaler and configured it to use your capture card and set the video source to composite
  4. And to make thing even easier, configure DScaler to automatically detect your PS2 Video Output (NTSC M/NTSC M JP/PAL BGHI) by checking the Automatic Format Detect on the Deinterlace menu
  5. Configure the rest of DScaler to your liking (to get the best thing possible from your card)
  6. and the results :

TV2007040109455100

Updated Screenshots :

Capture Memory Card from PS2

Suikoden 5 Capture from PS2

That’s it .. now you can freely record your ps2 games easily =) or make a screen capture from your PS2 games ..

Comments

1. dfsaf Aug 2, 2014 at 6:45 AM

2. indicator Oct 31, 2011 at 3:53 AM

eeeeeeee Ejj doradzcie

Wiem ze to ps2 ale mi chodzi o ps3

Bo gdy podłączam HDMI do komputera

To poprostu nic Możecie dodać jakiś link do programu w który

Poprostu NIC ani drgnie przestawiam grafike i nic a na TV jakoś dziala :[

3. Ryan Mar 1, 2011 at 3:26 AM

I was looking for this, thank you

4. Shirou Sep 27, 2010 at 7:18 AM

There is but one problem, Black and white screen in NTSC games in every other program beside DScaler and i f you get DScaler and do how you do it… you got B&W screen and jumpy one in OSD and in pal games (meaning you can’t play) but the NTSC games working normally (but they are still black and white…

5. hotel buchen niederlande hotelbuchenniederlande.com Aug 4, 2010 at 7:05 AM

Hello You
    Well im a newbie just starting so ill let you know
    Cu Soon

6. salman Jul 31, 2010 at 12:37 PM

can we play tv on psp2 through internet tell me

7. antique church chair antiques24.net/antique-church-chair Jul 9, 2010 at 7:50 AM

Greets
    My bro must say this is a very great article My bro enjoyed reading it keep da good work
    Cu Later

8. YagamY Mar 14, 2010 at 12:22 AM

i have problems setting my audio…i have the Y-connector, i’ve inserted the white and red cables to the connector then inserted the connector to my 5.1 audio card to line in, however i have no sound.please someone help me

• Reaper-XReaper-X Apr 6, 2010 at 5:54 PM

Just wondering, did you disable the line in (or at least leave the line in volume at the very low level) at the volume control? because some soundcard drivers automatically disabled the line in volume or leave it on very low volume level

9. Kevin Aug 14, 2009 at 4:09 AM

I have the tv tuner AVerTVHD MCE A180 (White Box) for my computer. I hooked up my PS2 and am trying to run Guitar Hero, but the lag throws it off alot and I can’t calibrate it right. I was wondering if there were some settings in DScaler that I could change to make the Audio and Video have the right timing with the guitar.

Computer specs:
    GeForce 9800 Gtx
    Intel Q6600 quad core
    4 GB memory

10. haywire May 28, 2009 at 1:48 AM

hey friends doing a great job there,may i seek some favour?

i got PIXEL VIEW’S plaY tv pro tv tuner card(PCI)with RCV sockets and s video compatibility.Can i connect my ps2 to the computer?my ps2 is modded and is for PAL format. my computer is outdated and has no good graphics card.
    specs of my pc are
    AMD Athlon 1.67Ghz procerssor with (xp home) with 480mb of RAM,and mercury motherboard.
    graphics card:S3 Graphics pro savageDDR(outdated).

please help me.my telivision set broke two days ago,and i cant live without playing games on ps2……

rEgards……

11. joseph Mar 18, 2009 at 12:55 PM

i have just plugged my headset directly from my ps2 audio cord using 2 y-connector. hahah! u can do it also. when u do that u dont have to worry about the sound… i will post a pic on how to do it..

12. Roger Mar 10, 2009 at 9:49 AM

I just installed a TVW600pci card and I get audio, but no video. I have a NTSC PS2, unmodded.

13. akif Sep 2, 2008 at 3:15 AM

hey, man.. i tried your method and i somehow managed to play my ps2. but the problem is that whenever i play, it lags soo much.

i have windows vista home premium 64 bit with a 6gb ram and nvidia 9500 gs graphics card. my tv tuner card is happauge wintv hvr 1800.

by lags, i mean it doesn’t run smoothly. please reply me bak. i have no tv and im dying to play my ps2

thanks

14. JcFerggy Aug 21, 2008 at 4:52 AM

This is quite neat. Would it be possiable for someone to get some good quality screen shots of the Guitar Hero 2 notes and Frets? I need them for a Frets on Fire mod I am working on.

15. made Aug 8, 2008 at 8:08 AM

cheers reaper!
    ive been looking for this info everywhere
    cant wait to try it, because i think my tv card is the same as yours (cant make it certain, cos i’m not at home at this moment).
    is it okay to connect the ps2 without any graphic card? my graphic card burned out few months ago, my mobo was totally screwed, so i had to change to a crappy mobo, since my pc is an old system. and i dont have any money yet to buy a new graphic card.
    if you mind, would u answer this via email? theres so many things i want to ask you :)

cheers!!!

16. Enoz Jul 27, 2008 at 1:17 PM

Hey, would just like to check with you. Will this method work with a laptop? (:

Thanks lots! Would be great if you can reply me via mail (:

17. Chris May 27, 2008 at 6:52 AM

Hey Reaper, what tv tuner did you use? I know some actually lag the input of the ps2 by a few seconds, which is definately not acceptable for gaming. I’ve done the research and there are just so many to choose from.

E-mail back your answer at chris@thebarcus.com

thanks

18. sukh Apr 20, 2008 at 4:48 AM

heyy will Dscaler work for ps3..

19. Emmanuel Apr 17, 2008 at 6:19 PM

20. AndyParkFan Apr 14, 2008 at 3:59 PM

Ok, please do explain to me how exactly one connects ones ps2 to ones LCD monitor and being able to capture/record the game. Are there any loose parts/connectors/adaptors and cables that I need to purchase? What TV tuner card would you suggest is the best to achieve the best visual experience? Oh and by the way please explain the sound thing also…how to achieve the best sound quality and how to connect my speakers, mwah thanx

21. Trevor Steel Apr 2, 2008 at 5:04 AM

I tryed it and i got video but no sound. Using dazzler for video capture and audio capture and using dscaler

22. Oscar Jan 26, 2008 at 3:20 AM

hello i am having a problem getting ps2 to run on my pc. first of all i have a M779 PCIe PAL/SECAM/DVB-T Desktop TV Tuner

and i dunno how to connect my ps2 to it at all. can some one tell me please. thank you

Comments Navigation 123

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Samurai Warriors 2 Review » Reaper-X .:[ ID ]:.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: