How to use PCSX2 the Playstation 2 Emulator

Update: Please check the new version of this post at how to configure pcsx2

Now im going to put some guide on how to configure PCSX2 to try out the PS2 Emulator. And since few people are asking is their system can play ps2, then the answer is no. You can’t actually play ps2 games on your pc right now (dunno for a real high end system which is using Dual Core Processor, SLI Graphics Card, etc, but to most users just wait for it), but if you want to help the PCSX2 team, you can do it by testing out PCSX2 and reporting any bugs you found to them.

First you must have PS2 Bios in order to try out the PCSX2 (you can find it easily on the internet) ;) and dont forget to put it into Bios Directory in your PCSX2 Directory

and the next step would be running the PCSX2 Executable and configure it like this (maybe different depending on your computer configuration, especially to those who are using SSE2 Enabled Processor, such as Pentium 4, Athlon64, etc)

1. Configuration Screen of PCSX2

PCSX2 Configuration

2. Graphic Plugin Configuration Screen

PCSX2 Graphic Plugin

3. Controller Configuration (since i dont own a joystick, im using Keyboard)

PCSX2 Controller Plugin

4. CDVD Plugin Configuration

Note: if you don’t have ASPI installed on your system use Win2k/XP IOCTL SCSI Command and set it into your DVD Rom Drive (if you’re not using ISO Image)

PCSX2 CDVD Plugin

5. The next step would be putting your PS2 Games on your DVD ROM and choose to Run CD from File Menu … and pray hope it’ll work :P and in my case i was running Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi PAL Version

Dragon Ball Budokai Tenkaichi on PCSX2

Dragon Ball Budokai Tenkaichi Screenshot 2 on PCSX2

Dragon Ball Budokai Tenkaichi 2 PAL on PCSX2

Final Fantasy 12 oin PCSX2

And that’s it … you’re finished ;)

Note: If you got an error message saying error opening gs plugin or something like that, most likely you’re trying to use ZeroGS Plugin and your vga card is not a Pixel Shader 2.0 Capable Card (ZeroGS require Pixel Shader 2.0 ++ Capable Card) .. and the only solution is using GSDX Plugin as the graphic plugin or get a new graphic card

Comments

1. fat loss Www.youtube.com/watch?v=MElX7CKCY2w Mar 27, 2014 at 12:30 PM

Excellent post. Metabolic rate also comes into play
    when we talk about the body and fast weight loss. diet.
    But, very interestong post. We’ll return.

2. Ultimate Demon https://www.keepandshare.com/doc7/3272/138931131452cf3552882e4-pdf-720k?da=y Mar 5, 2014 at 2:19 PM

Hi, after reading this awesome paragraph i am too happy to share myy know-how here with colleagues.

3. how to get facebook verified i.imgur.com/QcWOEsQ.png?1 Feb 28, 2014 at 7:20 PM

Attractive component of content. I just stumbled upon your site
    and in accession capital to assert that I
    acquire in fact loved account your blog posts.
    Anyway I’ll be subscribing in your feeds or even I success you access constantly
    fast.

My blog post; how to get facebook verified

4. Xbox Emulator For Android Youtube.com/watch?v=DAiwvGS44oM Feb 27, 2014 at 6:03 PM

While lots of learned lecturers have deserted hope of ever before discovering the
    reality behind xbox emulator for android, I for one feel
    that it is still a worthwhile reason for assessment.
    I find my self constantly drawn back to the subject of xbox emulator for android.
    While it is becoming a hot topic for discussion, it is difficult to
    overstate its effect on modern-day thought. It still has
    the power to surprise those politicaly minded people living in
    the past, whom I can say no additional about due to lawful regulations.
    Keep your hats as we begin a journey into xbox emulator for android.

Social Factors

As Mirrored in classical mythology culture is complicated.
    After Peter Pinkleton-PishPosh’s go back to Britain
    he remarked ‘training will certainly refelect the internal hero’ [1], he created a beast which culture has been
    attempting to tame since. Spanning separates such as class, nationality and
    uglyness, xbox emulator for android aids to offer some form of equilibrium
    in this globe of ever altering, consistently yearning turmoil.

Condition, Safety, Fame – xbox emulator for android, all revolve around this ‘golden fleece’.

If society has a beloved kid, it is xbox emulator for android.

Economic Factors

We no longer reside in a world which barters ‘I’ll show
    you three cows for that hat, it’s charming.’ Our existance is
    a generation which bursts into tears ‘Hat – $20.’ We should check out the Fish-Out-Of-Water model.

For those of you unpracticed this design it is originated
    from the Three-Amigos model however with greater
    focus on the outlying gross nationwide item.
    Real estate
    Rates

xbox emulator for android

Just how do we describe these clear fads? Clearly housing rates
    will eventually break free from the powerful impact of xbox emulator for android, yet not just before we see a standardised commercial plan for all.
    The financial press seems unable to comprise its mind
    on these concerns which unsettles investors.

Political Aspects

Modern politics is obligated to repay considerably to the animal kingdom.

Reviewing xbox emulator for android and too much
    of just what has been composed of it can be like reviewing
    chalk and cheese.

In the words of style symbol Odysseus Stone ‘A guy must
    have his birthday cake and eat it in order to validate his activities.’ [2]
    He was first introduced to xbox emulator for android by his mom.
    Record informs us that xbox emulator for android will certainly always
    be a vote winner, whether we like it, or otherwise.

I stand by anxiously. Exactly what will the following
    few years bring for xbox emulator for android?
    Conclusion

To conclude, xbox emulator for android has actually played a
    big part in the development of guy in the 20th Century
    and its influence remains sturdy. It teams up effectively,
    brought up a generation and it brings the very
    best out in people.

As a parting shot here are the words of super-star
    Beyonce J. Fox: ‘In the beginning I hesitated I
    was petrified. Assuming I might never live without xbox emulator for android by my side.’.

5. code psn getfreepsncodesnow.wordpress.com/ Nov 19, 2013 at 7:38 PM

The Walking Dead first premiered on October 31, 2010 in the United States.
    Sony S1 Tablet PC This tablet can be compared to i – Pad for the design is quite
    similar (except the novel curved “folded magazine-like” shape).
    I’ve been very fortunate to be able to play many of these Japanese games while I was living in
    Japan, but when I returned back home to Canada, I simply could not find many of the
    games that I had played with such pleasure while in Japan.

6. Archer Maclean’s Mercury and Mercury Meltdown 2 – Pack majestygamer.com/archer-macleans-mercury-and-mercury-meltdown-2-pack/ Oct 18, 2013 at 7:09 AM

Hi your web-site url: http://www.reaper-x.com/2006/08/03/how-to-use-pcsx2-the-playstation-2-emulator/ seems
    to be redirecting to a completely different site when I click the home page button.

You may want to have this looked at.

7. Darrell Dec 7, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Oh wow you’re prety good!

8. Sofoluwe Samuel Oct 1, 2012 at 3:43 AM

Hello. Tnx a bunch 4 this but there’s a problem. Mine reports
    “Bios rom1 module not found, skipping…
    Bios rom2 module not found, skipping…
    Bios erom module not found, skippng…”

I checked the bios listing n dis modules are present. Why then is it reporting this pls? I use a pcsx2 1.0.0

9. ravi Jul 28, 2012 at 4:08 PM

10. William Jun 20, 2012 at 7:22 PM

U are the best i hav see in my life when u come to this i will nave forget this inlife time tak alot for the great totu…

11. Hert Jun 9, 2012 at 1:44 PM

what version of pcsx2 is that?

12. MakkZombi Feb 6, 2012 at 11:27 PM

You can also plug in a PS3 wired controller, or use your charge for a wireless one. i believe you can use xbox controllers as well!

13. trym Feb 5, 2012 at 9:23 PM

I have downloaded bios (this should be legal as I own a ps2), but I can’t make them work. I have put them in the right folder, but the emulator keeps asking for a valid bios… What should I do?

14. daniele Jan 21, 2012 at 10:43 PM

grazie della guida, mi è stata molto utile, è l’unica guida che ho trovato,
    arrivederci e grazie

15. Afnan Jan 20, 2012 at 10:19 AM

error opening cdvd plugin HELP ME!!!

16. patrick Sep 8, 2011 at 2:15 PM

17. thiagoyb thiagoybverses.vai.la Aug 28, 2011 at 8:35 AM

eu to emulando o MK Deception, aparece que nao conseguiu carrregar o memory card, como “pulo” essa parte?

18. Jonathan Aug 26, 2011 at 7:24 PM

When I try to load a PS2, it says File not found Path isofilesystems

19. anonymous Aug 23, 2011 at 2:50 AM

can some1 please tell me a good easy playable way to use the keyboard buttons to play it ??

20. subhakar anand gameplanet.com.co.in Aug 19, 2011 at 11:19 PM

hey i am using 0.9.8 version , i don’t have joy sticks can u plz tell how to play the games with , mouse and keyboard

21. subhakar anand gameplanet.com.co.in Aug 19, 2011 at 11:17 PM

hey, iam using emulator 0.9.8, can u plz tell how to paly the game through mouse and keyboard, i don’t have joy sticks

22. andy Aug 10, 2011 at 4:29 AM

please.. can you help i want to play kingdom hearts do you need a cd ?? my email is wuzemu13@aim.com plz

Comments Navigation 1293031

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. need help with pcsx emulator-pls - Emuforums.com

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: