PCSX2 the real Playstation 2 Emulator

PCSX2 is a PlayStation 2 emulator for Windows and Linux, started by the same team that brought you PCSX (a Sony PlayStation 1 emulator)

The PCSX2 project attempts to allow PS2 code to be executed on your computer, thus meaning you can put a PS2 DVD or CD into your computers drive, and boot it up!

The project has been running for a little over four years now, and since it’s initial release has grown in compatibility. From initially just being able to run a few public domain demos, it’s current state enables many games to boot and actually go in game, such as the ‘famous’ Final Fantasy X or Devil May Cry 3.

Final Fantasy 10Since i’ve been getting some visitors who’s searching for a freeware PS2 emulator, i’m going to post the one and only REAL PS2 Emulator that’s under heavy development and available on the internet as freeware / open source unlike others which is fake (trojan, worms, spyware, adware, etc). And this emulator name is PCSX2.

This open source project at first can only play homebrew / homemade games not a commercial games but now most of commercial games like Final Fantasy, Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi, etc can be played on this emulator, although you’ll need a really POWERFULL Machine (computer) to play games in desirable frame rate.

Dragon Ball TenkaichiBtw with my current computer setup, i wasnt able to play ps2 games at desirable frame rate / at very low frame rate, and my computer setup is like this :

• Athlon XP (Barton) 2600+ Processor
  • ASUS V8460 Ultra Deluxe – Nvidia GeForce 4 TI 4600
  • 1 GB PC3200 DDR – 2 x 512 MB (Dual DDR Activated)

That’s the most important part of your computer if you want a desirable frame rate (30++ FPS) to play ps2 games normally

But to play a ps2 games you’ll need to have a PS2 BIOS first, just search for it. But remember its illegal to download a ps2 bios if you don’t own a real ps2 :P … and if you need some help on how to configure pcsx2, you can read my posts on how to use pcsx2 the playstation 2 emulator

That’s all about it … enjoy it ;)

Comments

1. matey Aug 10, 2010 at 10:52 AM

i have mortal kombat armageddon but i dont have profil and i must to put a code pls help me i dont know the code

2. wilson Feb 12, 2007 at 9:20 PM

hey reaper i ave used ur guide to start the ps2 emu, i ave the bios, but everytime i try to play it shuts off :s, do u know wat the problem might be? if not can u send me the link to ps2 emu and bios pls, to c if the problem is from my download :s. my email is willy_2006@msn.com. rite thanks

3. Rstoor Feb 7, 2007 at 4:57 AM

What driver do i download from driverguide.com for the PS2 BIOS

4. mohsen Feb 5, 2007 at 2:05 PM

hi
    i have some problem by low speed of game in this emuator . are have any solution for this?
    my pc:p 4 2.800 1m and 512 DDR ram vga 128 5200 and by 768mb ram also tested but still have a low speed plz guide me
    thank’s for all

5. Reaper-XReaper-X Feb 1, 2007 at 12:39 PM

I havent tried it yet, but as a note, if the mgs3 status is not playable under pcsx2 compatibility page , then there’s nothing you can do :(

6. mario Feb 1, 2007 at 1:35 AM

is there any way to play metal gear solid 3 snake eater on emulator

7. Undertaker Jan 28, 2007 at 1:14 AM

Where can i download the Bios thing ??????

8. Junaid Jan 9, 2007 at 11:48 PM

The game starts and stops at the screen which displays “Memory card (ps2)/1 7,998KB No Data”. Specs of my system

9. Daniela Jan 7, 2007 at 7:55 AM

I’m looking for a BIOS? Can you please help?

10. Josh Courtoreille Dec 30, 2006 at 7:17 PM

I don’t know if this PS2 emulator will work. I wonder if there were missing files in the previous downloads of the emulator, but all I want to do is to play Mortal Kombat: Armageddon. I’ll try this one.

11. Dragon Dec 29, 2006 at 9:30 PM

is there a non sse GSdx9 if there is can u e-mail it to me or just tell me the link

Thank you.

12. jalen tate Dec 26, 2006 at 7:32 AM

i need bios plz……thank you

13. jalen tate Dec 26, 2006 at 7:26 AM

um sorry but plz dont kill me for double posting ….but i…uh….need …………bios sorry about the periods im shy heh!

Comments Navigation 1345

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. PCSX2 0.9.4 the PS2 Emulator has been released » Reaper-X .:[ ID ]:.

To reduce spam, if you're posting comment for the first time, it'll be moderated first. And if they aren't spam, subsequent comments will appear automatically. Also you may use these HTML tags and attributes: