PCSX2 the real Playstation 2 Emulator

PCSX2 is a PlayStation 2 emulator for Windows and Linux, started by the same team that brought you PCSX (a Sony PlayStation 1 emulator)

The PCSX2 project attempts to allow PS2 code to be executed on your computer, thus meaning you can put a PS2 DVD or CD into your computers drive, and boot it up!

The project has been running for a little over four years now, and since it’s initial release has grown in compatibility. From initially just being able to run a few public domain demos, it’s current state enables many games to boot and actually go in game, such as the ‘famous’ Final Fantasy X or Devil May Cry 3.

Final Fantasy 10Since i’ve been getting some visitors who’s searching for a freeware PS2 emulator, i’m going to post the one and only REAL PS2 Emulator that’s under heavy development and available on the internet as freeware / open source unlike others which is fake (trojan, worms, spyware, adware, etc). And this emulator name is PCSX2.

This open source project at first can only play homebrew / homemade games not a commercial games but now most of commercial games like Final Fantasy, Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi, etc can be played on this emulator, although you’ll need a really POWERFULL Machine (computer) to play games in desirable frame rate.

Dragon Ball TenkaichiBtw with my current computer setup, i wasnt able to play ps2 games at desirable frame rate / at very low frame rate, and my computer setup is like this :

• Athlon XP (Barton) 2600+ Processor
  • ASUS V8460 Ultra Deluxe – Nvidia GeForce 4 TI 4600
  • 1 GB PC3200 DDR – 2 x 512 MB (Dual DDR Activated)

That’s the most important part of your computer if you want a desirable frame rate (30++ FPS) to play ps2 games normally

But to play a ps2 games you’ll need to have a PS2 BIOS first, just search for it. But remember its illegal to download a ps2 bios if you don’t own a real ps2 :P … and if you need some help on how to configure pcsx2, you can read my posts on how to use pcsx2 the playstation 2 emulator

That’s all about it … enjoy it ;)

Comments

1. matey Aug 10, 2010 at 10:52 AM

i have mortal kombat armageddon but i dont have profil and i must to put a code pls help me i dont know the code

2. wilson Feb 12, 2007 at 9:20 PM

hey reaper i ave used ur guide to start the ps2 emu, i ave the bios, but everytime i try to play it shuts off :s, do u know wat the problem might be? if not can u send me the link to ps2 emu and bios pls, to c if the problem is from my download :s. my email is willy_2006@msn.com. rite thanks

3. Rstoor Feb 7, 2007 at 4:57 AM

What driver do i download from driverguide.com for the PS2 BIOS

4. mohsen Feb 5, 2007 at 2:05 PM

hi
    i have some problem by low speed of game in this emuator . are have any solution for this?
    my pc:p 4 2.800 1m and 512 DDR ram vga 128 5200 and by 768mb ram also tested but still have a low speed plz guide me
    thank’s for all

5. Reaper-XReaper-X Feb 1, 2007 at 12:39 PM

I havent tried it yet, but as a note, if the mgs3 status is not playable under pcsx2 compatibility page , then there’s nothing you can do :(

6. mario Feb 1, 2007 at 1:35 AM

is there any way to play metal gear solid 3 snake eater on emulator

7. Undertaker Jan 28, 2007 at 1:14 AM

Where can i download the Bios thing ??????

8. Junaid Jan 9, 2007 at 11:48 PM

The game starts and stops at the screen which displays “Memory card (ps2)/1 7,998KB No Data”. Specs of my system

9. Daniela Jan 7, 2007 at 7:55 AM

I’m looking for a BIOS? Can you please help?

10. Josh Courtoreille Dec 30, 2006 at 7:17 PM

I don’t know if this PS2 emulator will work. I wonder if there were missing files in the previous downloads of the emulator, but all I want to do is to play Mortal Kombat: Armageddon. I’ll try this one.

11. Dragon Dec 29, 2006 at 9:30 PM

is there a non sse GSdx9 if there is can u e-mail it to me or just tell me the link

Thank you.

12. jalen tate Dec 26, 2006 at 7:32 AM

i need bios plz……thank you

13. jalen tate Dec 26, 2006 at 7:26 AM

um sorry but plz dont kill me for double posting ….but i…uh….need …………bios sorry about the periods im shy heh!

Comments Navigation 1345

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. PCSX2 0.9.4 the PS2 Emulator has been released » Reaper-X .:[ ID ]:.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: