Recommended PS2 Tools

Here’s a list of the most useful PS2 tools ever released on the net (for free of course) ;) besides i’ve already tested it all and all this tools works great

Code (Gameshark, Codebreaker, ARMax) Converting / Decrypting :

PS2 Ripping Tools (although i’ve already put this on my previous post but i forgot to add the link to the official website, so i put it again together in here) ;) :

Note: The official site is in Japanese, but if you don’t want to download each of these files one by one you can download it from here

• PSS Demux (used to Demux Audio and Video from PS2 Stream : PSS Demux
  • PSS Player (used to play directly the PS2 Stream without demuxing it first, if you dont like to convert it into another video container first) : PSS Player
  • MFAudio (can be used to demux and convert the PS2 Audio Stream into standard WAV format) : MFAudio

Note: If you’re looking for cheating devices like ARMax, Codebreaker, Gameshark, etc. You can contact me directly for more information about that

Save Game Converter :

FTP Server Program (for use in PS2 Machine) :

Note: for those who cant copy the ELF executable into your ps2 memory card in order to run it from ExecFTP Standalone version, choose the ExecFTP ISO Image version as temporary solution and burn it into blank CD-R using your favorite burning program in order to run the ExecFTP program … but you’ll need swap magic trick if you’re not using Modchip on your playstation 2 console. (im going to create some tutorial on this topic in the future, so dont forget to bookmark this site) :P

PS2 Bootable CD / DVD Creating tools :

• Dummy File Creator : Use this tools to create a dummy files on your burned ps2 cd / dvd
  • CDGen 3 : this is the tools used to create a bootable CD / DVD Structure for your burned ps2 disc

PS2 Media Player to play Divx / XVid video on your PS2 (run this on your ps2 machine) :

• PS2 Reality Media Player : although there’s similar apps like this one but i choose this program to play media files such as MP3, Divx / Xvid Video on my pstwo. – Note: When i checked this in 2013. The link to the original author homepage is dead so i removed it, i think i still have it in my HDD but unfortunately i can’t remember the filename, so if you really need it, contact me directly

Apps Launcher for your PS2 Machine :

• LaunchElf : this launcher simply is the best launcher for me ;)

Playing PS2 from your HDD (since im using slim pstwo i cant use HDLoader program), so the only way for me to play through HDD is by using USB HDD Advance by connecting my harddisk drive into usb connector (not all games can be played like on HDLoader) .. if you need it try searching the internet because im not going to put any links to it (illegal) ;)

And don’t forget to check my newest post for an All in one ps2 tools

Page last update: 08 January 2013 to fix the broken links only and of course the AIO PS2 Tools link is fixed too :)

Comments

1. Chaos Jan 27, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Hey, how do I use an ISO file in CDGEN3, since that progream needs a .ps2 file?

• Reaper-XReaper-X Jan 28, 2013 at 9:47 AM

CDGen is used to create a bootable PS2 disc for example you modified something and wants your ps2 to be able to boot it (i’ve made a post on this a long time ago here, titled Creating Custom ARMAX cd) or if you’re using a custom launcher and want to use it on your ps2 (like the All in One PS2 Tools).

I’m not sure what kind of iso you’re talking about. Basically if you want to put files from an iso file into CDGEN, you just need to extract / copy the file from the iso file then drag it to CDGEN window (by mounting it first or extracting it). BUT if that iso is a PS2 game iso you should burn the iso file directly on a dvd :)

2. G3OH@K@N Jan 8, 2013 at 4:13 PM

hi i would like to know if any of these tools will be able to run on a ps2 9000x

• Reaper-XReaper-X Jan 8, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Most of the apps listed on this page is designed to be run on your pc (like the converter and such) so it’ll still work (as long as you can run it on your pc)

And thanks to for reminding me (by commenting on this page, otherwise i would think that no one care about all these tools anymore lol), i just noticed that all of the links in this post is pointing to megaupload which is no longer exist, i’ve fixed the link to point to this server directly instead :)

3. Kurosaki209 Jun 3, 2011 at 9:43 AM

So I’m wondering if I could run a gameshark, or preferably a codebreaker for my PS2 but I wanna do it directly from a flash drive at boot up since I don’t have the disks and they aren’t really sold anymore, any help you could give would be great. Thanks.

• Reaper-XReaper-X Aug 12, 2011 at 9:20 AM

Unless you have modchip installed on your PS2 (so you’re able to run “backup” games), unfortunately i think there’s no other way

4. Videogamer Sep 23, 2009 at 3:28 PM

Nice page, sort of. Video ripper, audio ripper. Yeah, yeah, yeah. What about PICTURE rippers?! Where do I get those? I want to rip ALL the picture files (the ones in the “CG Gallery”) from the game “Dead or Alive 2: Hardcore”. Now if you can find me such a picture ripper, I’ll be the happiest man alive. I’ll have all the bikini-clad chicks from the game, now as wallpaper on my computer

5. Mac Sep 13, 2009 at 12:23 AM

Hey i want Codebreaker Day1 NTSC files but i cannot find anywhere,i have Day1 Pal files but the cheats dont work for me at all!
    I want Day 1 Files of all games including Tekken 5(Jinpachi Update)…………

6. Mac Sep 13, 2009 at 12:08 AM

Hi,I want to get the day 1 ntsc files for tekken 5(jinpachi update),where can i get all those day1 files?
    I have Day1 files Pal which wont work for me so how can i convert the Day1 files to NTSC?

7. crazy_psymon Aug 18, 2009 at 5:23 AM

is ther a way to transform your usb flash to max drive and put saves to work for ps2?

8. joan23 Aug 17, 2009 at 10:52 AM

hi,, been looking for a way to play mp3 on my ps2 modded with modbo4 and installed with hdd (already with games thanks to winhhiip!)and boots nicely thanks to boot.elf… only if i could play mp3 and video without swappin and browsin in roots directory and by using only winhiip to install mp3s and videos (since its the only user friendly way to do it) is there a way to do this…………. thanks and looking forward to your assistance regarding my problem…

9. Matthew Dec 30, 2008 at 9:06 AM

i am trying to rip the movies from the new kingdom hearts re chain of memories (ntsc u/c) when i use the tools from your guide i got all the movies from the disc using fmvtool but when i demux to get the sound all that comes out are m2v files and dat files no wav. do you have any suggestions?

10. Mark Dec 13, 2008 at 5:31 AM

OK so I have an unmodded ps2 and all I want to do is transfer some save files over from my computer to my ps2 memory stick. Without modding it, is there a way to do this? Or if I buy Codebreaker/Action Replay will that work?

11. Evan ??notsure?? Dec 1, 2008 at 5:07 PM

I would like to know how to get ahold of this codebreaker software or ar max… i believe it is all thats left that i need to run my backups. From where do i download it, possibly free?

12. Reaper-XReaper-X Nov 28, 2008 at 9:40 AM

Well since armax and codebreaker isnt free unfortunately you’ll need to buy it :(

although i believe you can find it on *cough* torrent *cough* :P

but as a side note, you’ll need a modded ps2 to run a burned armax / cb (im using modchip not using swapmagic so i can’t tell whether it’ll work or not if you’re using swapmagic)

and lastly, codebreaker by default don’t run on non US console even if you bought it (i have PAL console), but because i have a “special” version of codebreaker i have no problem running it on PAL machine, assuming that you have good modchip installed on your ps2 ;)

13. Tatsuya Nov 27, 2008 at 3:46 PM

Wow thanks for the reply! Is there anyway I can download armax or codebreaker and burn them into a disc or something?

14. Reaper-XReaper-X Nov 27, 2008 at 7:08 AM

Hello Tatsuya, actually in order to transfer save file using USB file you’ll need a cheat device like armax or codebreaker (i have tried them both) :)

15. Tatsuya Nov 26, 2008 at 7:31 PM

BUMP!!!!!! Anyone here o.O? Sorry for being impatient but still… Is there anyone here?!

16. Tatsuya Nov 25, 2008 at 10:37 PM

Hey guys could anyone of you who knows how to transfer save files for ps2 games to and from the ps2 and pc(probably using the USB?)? My email is timothylimjz@hotmail.com …. I hope you guys can help me… Especially you Reaper-X.. Email me or post it here thanks… Though I would prefer you guys to email me…

17. Selzar Sep 3, 2008 at 10:56 PM

Hi Reaper-X, i hope you can help me. I have a PS2 PAL that isn’t modded and i want to transfer save games between my PC and PS2. So do i need software like CodeBreaker to do it? If so which one do you recommend and where can i find it?

18. KMathis Aug 24, 2008 at 8:52 AM

Hi
    I am interested in obtaining a free version of code breaker9 (malware free, plz). If you know of a safe download or can send it to me I would very much appreciate it. I have a ps2 slim, but I’m not sure which version. I have never used any ps2 cheat software before, so any advice would also be much appreciated. Thanks for your time and help.

KMathis

19. Scott Aug 14, 2008 at 9:40 PM

Reaper,
    Do you know how to get a save file from a PC to a PS2 MC using a regular flash drive without having to buy ARmax, sharkport, or anything like that?

20. Drussell Jul 18, 2008 at 5:01 PM

On the back of each PS2 game inner circle there is a ID number followed by a letter like thats the game number he’s referring to.

Comments Navigation 18910

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Having Problem with Final Fantasy XII Codes ? - Reaper-X
  2. Creating custom ARMax (Action Replay Max) CD using Updated Codelist by Reaper-X .:[ ID ]:.
  3. PS2 FMV Ripping Guide by Reaper-X .:[ ID ]:.
  4. » Blog Archive » PS2 FMV Ripping Guide

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: